Drill Ship Valentin Shashin
CLIENT: Larsen Oil and Gas
Valentin Shashin, dynamically positioned drillship was biult 1981, to the requirements of the USSR Register of Shipping under class notification KM ULI FA2 Drill Shipp- Super Ice class. Designed for drilling depth 21 400 ft, and water depth 30 – 300 m, this drilling ship was rented by Petrolia Drilling 1997.
2004, GOE have get opportunity to manage upgrading, instalation of sponson tanks and new drilling equipment.
- Installation of sponson tanks
- Modifications of ballast system
- Installation of tank monitoring system
- Installation of CMC
- Installation of Traveling block
- Installation of Top Drive
A significant amount of steelwork was also replaced during the work.
Specific features of the project included:
- Turnkey delivery reducing client risk
- Supervision of up to 255 workers on site
- On site structural and pipework draughting
- On site project cost control
- On site Safety Advisors
- 24/7 operations
- Over 200,000 man hours worked with zero lost time incidents
- Successful completion to time and budget