Dry Tow JU – Endeavour Spirit of Independence
12 Mar 2014
Dry Tow JU – Endeavour Spirit of Independence from Homer (AL) to Saldanha (SAR)
GOE Project team was contracted to perform rig preparation for loading onto HL vessel to transport rig from Homer (Alaska) to Saldanha Bay (SAR).
Endeavour was in lay-up for over year located in Port Graham – Alaska. GOE team has prepared rig for loading onto HLV Zhenhua 15 as per ABS and Marine Warty Surveyor requirements.
Project team Workscope:
- Preparation of documentation package with rig details for transport manual
- Review of transport manual prepared by HL vessel company ZMPC
- Full rig condition survey prior loading and to prepare scope of work prior drilling
- Sea fastening of equipment and parts
- Legs NDT inspection and legs shimming
- Cantilever and rig floor sea fastening
- Organisation of wet tow from Port Graham to Homer
- Loading of rig onto HLV Zhenhua15
- Monitoring installation of sea fastenings on HLV
- GOE riding team embarked HLV in Homer to monitor rig transport to Saldanha
- Organisation of rig offloading in Saldanha
Preparation and loading of Endeavour was extremely difficult because of winter conditions in Alaska, there was very short window to load ring onto HLV facing all logistics problems in Alaska rig was loaded successfully.
Thanks to all involved during loading for efforts and not giving up.